Building the Farm
We started off with a space in the school
We had an idea of what we wanted to do...
Beneficial outcomes for pupils
There are many benefits of having an outdoor garden area/pets corner (Florence farm) for children and staff.
- increases joint movement and improves recovery time
- maintains or increases motor skills
- provides motivation to move more, stretch farther, exercise longer
- releases endorphins (oxytocin) that have a calming effect
- helps children focus better
- improves literacy skills
- provides non-stressful, non-judgmental environment
- increases self-confidence, reduces self-consciousness
- lifts spirits and lessens depression
- decreases feelings of isolation and alienation
- encourages communication
- provides comfort
- increases socialization
- reduces boredom
- lowers anxiety
- helps children overcome speech and emotional disorders
- creates motivation for the client to recover faster
- reduces loneliness
Current Farm Residents
Thank you for all your children's messages regarding naming our new pets.
It was too hard to decide so in the end we picked the names out of a hat!
Neptune and Caramel
Wizbit and Mocha